Data Protection for businesses.
This GDPR course is set up specifically for Small Businesses, SME’s and Sole Traders, If you don’t fit this description – you will need to find an alternative data protection product.
The GDPR course will cover –
- Data mapping
- Sign up forms
- A short slideshow
- Privacy information
- Third party agreements
- Templates for your website
The course cost is £87.00, it is easy to follow and you will be able to instigate the learning and become compliant very quickly.
Below you will find extracts of the “Data Protection” template, the complete template will be available within the course. . . .
What is GDPR?
Who are we?
Apex Business Support is a small business enterprise that helps with website design and development; we also offer marketing support, and a variety of other web-based programs. Please click here to view Paul Nichol’s profile information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any data that identifies you as an individual. This could include; name, address, email address, bank information (when purchasing from us) etc.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests
- Update and amend website data
- Send you occasional newsletters
- Send you tip sheets, helpful business advice and other offers
- . . . .
- Take payment (via the PayPal secure site)
We take your information seriously under GDPR and look after your personal information and keep it secure using password protected “database software” and will never pass your details to third parties for marketing.
Lawful basis for GDPR processing
The lawful basis will depend on why we are processing your information. We use the following:
- Consent – where you have given us your consent to send you our newsletter or other information by email, according to what you have requested. You can unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email.
- Contract – . . . .
- Legal Obligation – to HMRC to retain invoices for auditing purposes.
- Legitimate Interest – where it is in our legitimate interest to contact you with further relevant information and where it does not affect your rights as an individual (Refer to ‘Rights of Individuals’ below). For example, . . . .
How long do we keep your information
We will not keep your information for longer than . . . .
Do we share your information
We never share your details with any third parties except where we need to do so to fulfil a purpose, such as sending an email or using web service. . . .
Your rights under GDPR
Under data protection regulations, you have certain rights as follows:
- ‘Right to be informed’ means we will be completely clear and transparent about how we plan to use your personal information.
- ‘Right of access’ . . . .
- ‘Right to rectification’ means you can ask us to . . . .
- ‘Right to restrict processing’ means you can ask us to change, restrict or stop the way we are using your information.
- ‘Right to erasure’ (or ‘right to be forgotten’) means you can ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
- ‘Right to object’ means you can . . . . .
- ‘Right to data portability’ means you can obtain. . . . .
- ‘Right not to be subject to automated decision making’ means if we use systems to make a decision about you, you have the right to ask for a person to intervene, that then may change the outcome.
- ‘Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority‘, such as Fundraising Regulator or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you are not satisfied with our response to your request, or you feel we are not using your information correctly.
We only use ‘third party’ cookies to collect . . . . .
How to contact us
You can write to us at the following address:
Apex Business Support
20 Furlong Close
You can phone on:
07748 506 081
Via our website:
For further information about Data Protection, click here – GDPR
For further information about the ICO – click here.